The Hamilton Amateur Astronomers is a non-profit organization dedicated to the enjoyment and advancement of astronomy. We are the largest independent astronomy club in Canada.
Each month we host public meetings featuring presentations by professional and amateur astronomers, release a monthly newsletter and hold public stargazing events in Hamilton and surrounding area. Our local dark sky site at Binbrook Conservation Area is available to members for observing.
The club also offers new members an introduction to astronomy program and a loaner telescope program. If members do not have their own telescope, they can borrow one from the club. Other club activities may include the telescope making group, astronomy book club, astrophotography group and the cosmology discussion group.
Current Council Members:
- Jim Wamsley, Chair
- Mike Jefferson, Secretary
- Steve Germann, Treasurer
- Leslie Webb, Membership Director
- Matthew Mannering, Observing Director
- John Gauvreau, Education Director
- Mario Carr, Public Education/Publicity
- Bob Christmas, Event Horizon Editor
- Ann Tekatch, Recorder
- David Tym, Webmaster
- Bernie Venasse, Councillor at Large
- Brenda Frederick, Councillor at Large
- Harvey Garden, Councillor at Large
- Kevin Salwach, Councillor at Large
- P.O. Box 65578, Dundas, Ontario, Canada L9H 6Y6
The HAA is a registered, non-profit charitable organization (BN 8916 46267 RR0001). Donations over $15 and membership fees are eligible for tax receipts upon request.