- The Hamilton Amateur Astronomers normally hold our monthly meetings and telescope clinics in the auditorium of the Hamilton Spectator located at 44 Frid St., Hamilton near the junction of Highway 403 and Main St West. (View Map)
- Binbrook Conservation Area
- Access to the main park area (observing site A) is through a locked gate. We have a limited number of keys to permit HAA members-only entry to this section of the park. Keyholders will send out an email to members when they are opening this area of the park. We normally set up on the “Observing Hill” (location 1) which provides a good view to the West and South. If the ground is soft or wet then we’ll relocate to location 2. The roads to these locations are paved and are usually accessible year-round. Another location which provides a better view to the East is the Boat Launch area (location 3). Access is via a gravel road which may be difficult at some times of the year.
- Binbrook Park Map
- Alternate Binbrook site on Tyneside
- For an alternate that is available anytime (Observing Site #B), we often use the parking lot and small open park off Tyneside Rd (approx 1km South of Chippewa on the East side of road). An HAA membership is not required to use this location.
Public Stargazing Event Locations: