Two types of accommodations are available: onsite and offsite.
Participants choosing to stay offsite are responsible for arranging their own accommodations.
The sites are grassy and located in a meadow. These sites will accommodate ground, trailer or RV camping. There are 15 trailer/RV sites and 20 ground camping sites available.
There are no tent or trailer/RV pads and no electrical or sewer hook-ups or sewer dump for trailers or RVs. All campers must be self-sufficient.
- Portable toilets will be available. Cost will be shared between all attendees.
- There is a hand pump that provides water for washing only. It is NOT POTABLE.
- Generators will be available for charging astronomy equipment during the day. A small fee will be charged to help cover the cost of the gas for the generators.
- No picnic tables, shelters, flush toilets or showers.
- A BBQ will be available.
Parking will be available on and near Andromeda Meadow for people staying offsite.
Telescopes may be left at Andromeda Meadow at the owners own risk. All equipment must be covered. Please take all other assorted equipment and resources with you at night.
There are multiple B&B, Airbnb, motels and trailer parks in the area. HAA is not affiliated with or recommending any of these businesses nor do any of these businesses offer a discount for Star Party attendees.
- Bluewater Park Campground, Wiarton
- Bass Lake Park, Georgian Bluffs
- Mountain Lake Park, Wiarton
- Sauble Falls Provincial Campground, Sauble Beach
- White Sands Campground, Sauble Beach
- Whispering Pines Campground, Hepworth
B&B’s, Cottages & Cabins
- MaiTribe, Big Bay
- Maple Haven B&B, Wiarton
- N’This on the Bay, Wiarton
- The Wright House in Wiarton
- Green Heart Gardens on George, Wiarton
- Bayshore Cottages, Wiarton
- Jen’s Cozy Cottage and Cabins, Wiarton
- Fiddlehead Resort Camp, Oliphant
- Other offerings on VRBO and Airbnb
Motels, Hotel & Resorts
- Waterview on the Bay, Wiarton
- Pacific Hotel, Wiarton
- The Spirit Rock Outpost and Lodge
- Top Notch Motel and Restaurant
- Wiarton Willy’s Inn
- Shenstone Motor Inn
- Peninsula Motel
- Mile Inn Motel
Note: Since some locations may not be fully accessible 24hrs a day, it is recommended that prior to booking, you check with the offsite accommodation provider to confirm that you will be able to arrive and leave their facilities as you please. Some facility providers are not familiar with the nocturnal habits of amateur astronomers and might lock the front door before you want to go to bed after a late night of observing.
Check the Wiarton Ontario Tourism website for more information about accommodations and activities in the area.