HAA member Dave Skelton has generously invited members of the Hamilton Amateur Astronomers to spend a weekend star gazing on his property called Andromeda Meadow outside of Wiarton, Ontario.
For more information and registration please click on the menu options.
Questions? Contact: Sue MacLachlan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Matthew Mannering at email@example.com
Need to Know
- When: Friday September 23 to Sunday September 25 (with an extension until Mon. Sept. 26)
- Where: Andromeda Meadow – a 27 acre parcel of undeveloped land in the Skinner’s Bluff area of the Bruce Peninsula. Directions and GPS coordinates will be shared with registered attendees through email.
- Cost: $25 per adult 18 years and over, $10 per child 12 – 17 years, children 11 and under free. Payment will be due at a later date once payment methods have been finalized.
- This is a rain or shine event. Refunds will only be given if the event is cancelled by the HAA. Weather will NOT be a reason for cancellation.
Nice to Know
- Driving time from Hamilton: approximately 3.5 hours
- Groceries, Tim Hortons, Home Hardware, restaurants and a hospital are available in Wiarton, which is a 15 minute drive from Andromeda Meadow.
- Onsite accommodation: 15 travel trailer/5th wheel/RV sites & 20 ground camping sites. There are no water or electrical services available.
- Registrations will be accepted on a first come first served basis and there will be a cap on the total number of attendees. A waiting list will be created if necessary.
- Amenities: dark skies, hand pump (not potable), BBQ, fire pit, short hiking trails onsite, quick easy access to the Bruce Trail and Skinner’s Bluff Trailhead
- Small wild animals such as racoons, chipmunks, squirrels, skunks, porcupines and turkeys have been known to visit the site.
- Attendees planning to stay offsite are responsible for making those arrangements.
- Parking will be available on and near Andromeda Meadow for people staying offsite.
- Telescopes may be left at Andromeda Meadow at the owners own risk. All equipment left unattended onsite must be covered. Please take all other assorted equipment and resources with you at night.
- Please join in the potluck dinner on Saturday if desired.