To make the HAA Dark Sky Star Party enjoyable for all we ask that attendees abide by the following rules.
Walk don’t drive. Astronomy equipment and people are everywhere. At night make sure your red flashlight is on when walking through the site.
Drive carefully when moving through the camping and observing area. DO NOT MOVE your car after sundown unless there is a medical emergency.
Non-campers please park in the designated area so that you may leave at any time during the evening with the least disruption to the observing field. Non-campers are not allowed to park on the camping and observing fields.
No white/yellow/blue/green lights are allowed after sundown on the camping and observing fields. This includes car and trailer lights.
- Cover your white flashlight with a red film.
- Cover any car lights (interior & exterior) with red film or pull the fuses if you are going to be accessing your car at night.
- Turn off or cover any exterior trailer/RV lights with red film. Turn off and/or pull shades to block interior light.
- Do not use propane or naptha camping lanterns.
- Shield computer screens, tablets and phones. Turn brightness down, use night vision mode or cover with red film.
No campfires are allowed on the camping or observing field.
Use of laser pointers of any kind or colour is not allowed. Please leave your laser pointer at home.
Children must be supervised at all times.
Pets must be on a leash at all times on the Andromeda Meadow site. Please do not leave pets unattended at any time. Bruce Trail rules apply if you take your dog onto the trails.
The owner of the property and the HAA Dark Sky Star Party Organizers will not tolerate:
- Conduct and/or verbal statements that are offensive to others.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol or other intoxicating substances.
- Illegal substance use.
- Excessive music and/or other noise. Use of headphones is always a good option.
The Owner of Andromeda Meadow and the HAA Dark Sky Star Party Organizers reserve the right to ask any person(s) to leave the property if they engage in any activity that interferes with others participation and enjoyment or threatens the safety of others at the event.