The Hamilton Amateur Astronomers will have solar eclipse glasses available at upcoming events between now and the August 21st event. Please be sure to visit the Hamilton Amateur Astronomers at one of our stargazing events and grab yourself a pair. If you have questions about the upcoming solar eclipse, be sure to ask! Our club members are happy to share their experience and offer tips for great viewing.
The 2017 total solar eclipse will occur this August 21st and totality will be visible only through parts of the United States. For those who don’t want to travel, a partial eclipse will be visible from Hamilton and area and it’s well worth looking up!
- Sky and Telescope: Viewing Guide & Resources
- LA Times: What it Will Look Like from Your Location
- Sky and Telescope: How to Safely View the Eclipse
Please be mindful to never look at the sun directly without proper solar viewing equipment.
Please note that glasses are limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. If unable to attend our next event, the following list of vendors may be helpful.
- Solar Filter & Viewer Vendors (The HAA does not endorse any vendor on this list)
Upcoming HAA Events Calendar
- 9, General Meeting – Hamilton Spectator, 44 Frid St, Hamilton @ 7:30pm
- 24, Public Solar Observing Event – The Lakeview (Confederation Park), 180 Van Wagners Beach Rd, Hamilton
- 29, Public Stargazing Night – T.B.McQuesten Park, 1199 Upper Wentworth St, Hamilton @ 9:00 – 11:00pm
- 12, Annual Perseids Meteor Shower Night – Binbrook Conservation Area
- 21, Solar Eclipse Public Event – T.B.McQuesten Park, 1199 Upper Wentworth St, Hamilton @ 12:30 – 4:00pm