Join the Hamilton Amateur Astronomers this April 7 for our Spring telescope clinic! This year our format is a little different and we’ll have scope-stations setup each covering different aspects of telescopes. Move from station to stating to get a comprehensive understanding of many telescope types, eyepieces, and approaches to astrophotography. Bring your questions and curiosity as many amateur astronomers will be on hand to help you either get into astronomy or expand your existing experience.
- 1:30pm, Barry Shermann, Introduction to Telescope Types
- 2:00pm, Matthew Mannering, Introduction to Eyepieces
- 2:30pm, Kevin Salwach, Binoculars Astronomy
- 3:00pm, Sue McLachlan, The Beginning Astronomer’s Library
- 3:30pm, Bernie Venasse, Approaches to Astrophotograhy
Admission is free so bring your family and friends!
Hamilton Spectator Building at 44 Frid St, Hamilton
Saturday, April 7th, 1:00 – 5:00pm
Food Share Donations:
Donations of non-perishable food for the Hamilton Food Share program will be collected at this meeting. Please drop off any items at the drop-box located near the entrance of the auditorium. All donations gratefully accepted and thanks to your generosity we’ve collected thousands of pounds of food since we began. Let’s keep up the great work as the need continues.
Photo: Scope Clinic, John Gauvreau